apical adj : situated at an apex
Apical, from the Latin apex (plural apices) meaning to be at the apex or tip, may refer to:
- Apical consonant, a consonant produced with the tip of the tongue
- Apical dominance
- Apical membrane, a cell biology term
- Apical pulse, the heart rate when measured with a stethoscope placed over the heart
- The apical direction, in reference to a tooth.
- The apical position in certain molecular geometries in chemistry.
- The apical whorls of the shells of gastropods or snails are the whorls at the tip of the spire, near the apex.